Termites are nasty bugs that can do a lot of damage if left untreated. The most important thing you can do as a homeowner is to look for signs of termites. You might not actually see a termite bug, but you will definitely see the damage they can do. Here are five common signs that you have a termite control problem.
- Termite droppings – Termite droppings look like a pile of sawdust or coffee grounds. If you see a mound of what looks like coffee grounds or sawdust where there shouldn’t be, there is a good chance you have termites.
- Blistered wood flooring – Blisters or bubbles in your wood flooring can mean the presence of termites in your home.
- Mud tubes – Mud tubes will run from a food source to where termites live.
- Swarms – Evidence of swarming may be noticeable. If you find termite wings lying around, which are dropped after termites swarm, you have a termite infestation.
- Hollowed wood – Termites like to eat wood and will leave wood sounding hollow, or you will be able to visibly see the honeycomb shape left behind by their wood eating.
If you see these signs of termites, it is extremely important to hire a professional exterminator to implement an effective termite control treatment plan. The termite control treatment plan will include a complete inspection of the area, a customized plan that will be fully discussed with you, and follow up inspections if needed.
We have over 40 years of experience treating and eliminating termites. Give us a call today to schedule your termite control appointment.