Cockroaches often repulse people and are active at night. Infestations can produce allergens that cause asthma. Cockroach control is a challenging endeavor, but with the help of our professional technicians, you can keep them away with an integrated pest management plan. Here are a few steps to keep cockroaches away for good.
You may have learned which species of cockroach was present during your initial cockroach control services and where they lived. Reduce the cockroach’s food sources and access to water so that the remaining cockroaches will eat the bait. Insecticide sprays by themselves will not get rid of cockroaches.
- Store food in glass jars or plastic containers.
- Keep garbage and trash in containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Fix plumbing leaks and reduce sources of moisture.
- Vacuum food from cracks and crevices.
- Clean up food and drink spills immediately.
You can also place traps or glue boards in several locations and inspect them regularly to get an idea of where cockroaches are hiding and how many still live in your home. Traps will measure how effective your cockroach control plan is.
- Seal off or remove hiding spots.
- Seal cracks and openings that go outside.
- Use weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Inspect food deliveries.
- Trim shrubbery to increase light and air circulation around the building.
- Keep a layer of gravel about 6 to 12 inches wide around the perimeter of your home.
A cockroach control plan can keep your home pest-free for the long term. If you want to find out the best way to get rid of cockroaches, give us a call today to discuss your options.