Preparation is key to the safe and successful pest extermination. Whether you have bed bugs in your bedroom or a few ants in your kitchen, you need us to treat your home. What type of pest extermination you are getting also affects how you prepare your home.
First, we want to let you know that no matter what services you are getting, you should:
- Let us know if anyone in the home has particular allergies, is pregnant, or is less than one year old.
- Keep all people and pets out of the area as long as specified.
- When we get to your home, we’ll need to access every area of your home. Dusting, vacuuming and keeping your home tidy make it easier for us to do our job.
- Mow your lawn and trim shrubs and hedges so we can access areas outside your home.
- For fumigation services, remove food sitting out on the counters. Put it in sealed containers in a cupboard or pantry.
If your pest extermination is for cockroaches, keep your home clean for as long as possible after treatment. You want to eliminate any food source that isn’t the bait. For flea control, you can prepare by:
- Washing all pet bedding in hot water or destroying the bedding.
- Vacuuming the carpet and mopping hard-surface floors, especially along walls and inside closets.
- Vacuuming furniture, especially between and under cushions.
You’ll want to find damaged areas in and around your home for services involving rodents. Seal holes to stop rodents from fleeing during the treatment process and prevent them from returning.
Do you have questions about preparing your home for pest extermination services? Contact us for details.